A leading Australian utilities provider was recently undergoing an initiative to enhance their digital practices with the wider adoption of Microsoft Azure and its Azure DevOps platform. This platform currently hosts their existing website, built on Sitecore, and a number of other digital applications built off Azure App Services and associated Azure PaaS technologies.
Arinco was engaged to provide an Azure Consultant to augment and operate within their Digital Delivery Team to assist in this endeavour.
With our collaborative approach to uplifting our customers to modern, DevOps driven methodologies, key activities included;
• Execution and implementation of a DevOps strategy developed in conjunction with the Digital Team
• Training and uplift of the digital team in DevOps and Azure
• Azure cost management and simplification of digital practices
• Implement improvements into the support and monitoring framework
• Infrastructure as Code across the wider stack of technologies and solutions in Azure
• Migration from their existing Jenkins/Octopus solution to Azure DevOps
• Full CI/CD pipelines for their Sitecore website (including infrastructure and app deployments built on Azure PaaS)
This project provided measurable benefits to the business through:
• Refreshed documentation for Digital Azure Infrastructure and the website
• Redefined Azure Foundations to align with industry best practices
• Implementation of new CI/CD pipelines across their app development and infrastructure core services streams
• Implementation of new governance, standards, monitoring and management processes