Buzz-ER creates business applications to improve enterprise resilience for their clients. The Buzz-ER platform hosts multiple products that serve their customers in government, health care, construction and retail industries. This cloud native application stack is gearing up to leverage its data assets in the areas of employee management, industrial relations & regulations and cybersecurity. Buzz-ER was on the lookout for an experienced Microsoft partner to redesign and migrate its Azure deployments to more secure, standards based & built with infrastructure as code principals landing zones while maintaining business continuity targets.
Taking a collaborative approach, the Arinco team tailored its Azure Done Right (ADR) Accelerator to implement an enterprise grade landing zone and facilitate the application cut over. Arinco’s ADR Accelerator is a curated subset of the Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF) and is designed to be quickly customisable and adaptable to suite each organisation’s specific business needs. Arinco provides a variety of predefined standards, policies and collateral as part of this offering. As part of the work with Buzz-ER, Arinco focused on:
- Execution and implementation of a DevOps strategy
- Infrastructure as Code across the wider stack of technologies and solutions in Azure
- Full CI/CD pipelines for the entire Azure infrastructure and application components
- Implementation of Azure Governance and Standards (e.g. subscription management, policy controls, RBAC models, cost reporting)
- Training and uplift to all relevant teams in DevOps and Azure
Through consulting with Arinco, the Buzz-ER team agreed that the best way forward would not to be uplift the current environment but instead to deliver a tailored version of our Azure Platform as part our ADR accelerator, and then migrate the Buzz-ER application within the 3 week timeframe.
Within the 3 weeks, Buzz-ER was equipped with an enterprise grade Azure environment and was able to seamlessly cut over their production deployments without issue. Other measurable benefits provided to the business included:
- Implementation of new governance, standards, monitoring and management processes
- Redefined Azure Foundations to align with industry best practices
- Introduction of a DevOps culture to the business facilitating a complete automated deployment of all future infrastructure and applications using CI/CD pipelines